“Those who have knowledge don’t predict. Those who predict don’t have knowledge.” Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher, 6th century BC

PAYPAL

Friday 17 May 2013

GANN'S PRICE BY DEGREE

I replicated the angles on these SPX chart so they are more or less within the range.  Not as accurate as if I had the program but you get the point.

WD Gann's Price By Degree. Geometric Mean of Earth - Venus.


WD Gann's Price By Degree. Moon's North Node.
 
I don't know how to overlay charts from a different time period to current. So I will illustrate them separately.  Cowan believes that we are in the same cycle as the 1940s and based the 2 charts below they are lining up quite well in terms of Cycles or tops and bottoms.  We should note that we should not use the price pattern of the 1940s as a guide but more of the percentage movements.  During the top of 1942, price dropped 27% from the peak in June - Nov.  If we are going to replicate such a decline we would expect prices of about 1216 on the SPX.
 

1940s Above, and 2009 Below:



6 comments:

  1. Hi MP.

    I agree. What is interesting is that for each high a double top formed before the major sell-off started. On that basis, then, we might have to wait until till around 25 August for the bearish Uranus square Jupiter aspect. Who knows?

    Cheers

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowan I believe is comparing market cycles 2009-2013 to that of the 1942-1946. What followed was a zig-zag decline. Im sure he is not using the formations of such patterns but more of the cycle dates which so far aligns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MP.

    I agree. What is interesting is that for each high a double top formed before the major sell-off started. On that basis, then, we might have to wait until till around 25 August for the bearish Uranus square Jupiter aspect. Who knows?


    I agree. My point was more a matter of identifying a safe entry point. The last thing we need is a violent whipsaw, which is probably what is going to happen.

    Cheers

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My safe entry would be when my mid-term turns down with my short-term in the same direction. An all time high on the charts will look like a top every day.. So I know what you mean by identifying a safe entry point haha..

      Delete
  4. Hi MP,

    This site might help with your comparison - only does exact date to date, so you cant slide either year. This is Oct 44 to Jun 46-

    http://www.mrci.com/special/dspi46.php

    Down left side under Dow Jones Charts you can select various years.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete